Friday, July 10, 2009

10. New house, car and boat


8, Ben Lomond Place
As soon as Kevin finished his management degree, I sold the house at Hamilton East and bought another one at Nawton. We have visited at least 20 open homes all over Hamilton before we decided on this one. It has a double garage and space on the front lawn for my boat. The back lawn is huge (836 square meters) and has room for Christine's roses, fruit trees and vegetables.

This house has 2 bathrooms, 4 bed rooms and 3 electric storage heaters. The most attractive feature is the open-plan kitchen which looks large due to the attached family room and dining area. The western side is almost completely glass and so the house is very bright.


back garden
Most of the land scaping has been done by the previous owner. He planted Kawhai, Manuka and Flakes. Christine added a Rose garden and planted a few fruit trees over the years. We added a deck behind the house for use in the summer months. There is also space for practising my pitching wedge, chipping.

Soon after moving into the new house, I sold the 17 ft. Kestrel, bought a Noelex 22, traded the Mercedes for a 1988 model Volvo 760GLE. I quit my full time job at Inghams and started playing golf full time. I was finally taking time off to smell the flowers. Life has never been better.  Since then, I spent so much time on the golf course that my golf handicap came down to 14 at one time. Now I am playing off a handicap index of 14.8  (course h'cap 16).

No comments:

Post a Comment