Tuesday, July 14, 2009

8. Hamilton East


1, Scotland Place
The first car I bought in Hamilton was a 12 year old Honda Accord for 6.8K from a used car yard. My condition of purchase was free storage by the car yard when I left Hamilton for a month and the car dealer must also arrange to send my car to Auckland airport carpark and leave the key at the Air-NZ counter for me to collect on 12th January 1996. When Pearl and I arrived at Auckland airport. I picked up my car, loaded all our bags (11 pieces) into the back seat, drove to Hamilton and parked my car in the garage of a fully furnished rented house, with electricity and telephone all connected. You just cannot imagine the nice feeling to be able to do that; no more living out of a suit case in hotels, YMCA or backpackers.

There was a reason why I chose a Honda Accord. In Shell Lutong, all JG2 were given a company car, a Honda Accord. It was every Shell employee's dream to drive a Honda Accord. It was mine too, because at JG6 (senior buyer) my chances of ever driving a Honda Accord was very small. When I landed in NZ, I finally made my dream come true by going to the nearest used car yard and bought one. I used this car for 3 years. It was very economical because it ran on CNG (compressed Natural gas).

No comments:

Post a Comment