Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4. Queenstown

The Remarkables
We arrived at Queenstown after a very long ride in a tourist coach. Eugene wanted to try horse riding and that was what we did. We were saving the bungy jump and jet boating for future trips.



horse tracking at Queenstown

Eugene
From Queenstown it was another long bus ride to Milford Sound the next day. This tour of the South Island was organized for me by a travel agent in Hamilton. It was not cheap. In later years we toured the South Island again in our own car and staying in backpackers. The cost was a small fraction of this first tour.
However, this first exploratory tour was necessary because I needed more information about New Zealand to make a decision on where exactly the family and I would live in NZ.

The following March, Kevin was accepted by Waikato University. I bought a house in Hamilton so that he could stay at home with me and I could save some money on hall of residence (students' residential college). The decision to pick a place to stay was not mine to make, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment